Interested in joining the Heckrodt Wetland Reserve team? Check out our employment opportunities below or contact us today to see if you’d be the right fit at the Reserve.
Looking for other ways to be involved? Learn about volunteering at the Reserve and how you can make an impact today.
Environmental Program Assistant L.T.E.
(June – August 2022)
The Environmental Program Assistant L.T.E. (limited-term employment) will join an experienced team of Naturalists who make learning come alive in the habitats of the Reserve. The educator will be responsible for assisting Heckrodt Wetland Reserve staff in all aspects of the environmental education programming. They will also play a role in the daily operations of the nature center.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide programming support (teaching and program prep) for the Education Team at Heckrodt Wetland Reserve. Programs supported include summer camps, childcare centers, public programs, and roving naturalist (offsite).
- Develop and teach “Nature Friends till Summers End” (1 free morning program a month).
- Assist in ongoing maintenance of Heckrodt’s Honey Bee Project. LTE will aid in hive care and maintenance.
- Assist staff with the day-to-day nature center responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Graduate in Environmental Education/Outdoor Education/Environmental Studies, or college student of sophomore status or higher
- Strong work ethic and enthusiasm for teaching youth
- Ability to develop and present environmental education programs (classroom experience applies)
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Excel
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and work in all weather conditions
- Ability to work flexible hours (possible evenings and weekends)
Stipend of $11.00/hour up to a maximum of $5500: 500 hours is anticipated. The L.T.E. period is June 1, 2022 through August 31, 2022. Hours not used by August 31, 2022 will be forfeited.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, with references by February 5, 2022 by email (preferred) to [email protected] or by mail to the address below. Interviews will be scheduled the week of February 21, 2022.
Director of Education
Heckrodt Wetland Reserve
1305 Plank Road
Menasha, WI 54952